So here it is, my “first” real blog post. (Actually not my first, but I am starting over.) \
After attending TMC17 this past summer, I am inspired to be more active in the online math world. There is so many things to explore and people to communicate with.
My goals (both online and in the classroom) for 2017 – 2018:
- Be more active on Twitter. People please send me reminders so that I don’t slack.
- Blog on a regular basis. (What is regular?) Thanks to MTBoS and Julie Reulbach, @jreulbach this should be easier. Again, people send me reminders so that I don’t slack.
- Integrate new ideas that I learned at TMC17
- Collaborative Group Work – Fan & Pick, Placemat (plus much more)
- You Gotta Ring Them Bells (My favorites by Sam Shah, @samjshah)
- Check this video of Sam presenting about the bell:
- Distraction Box (My favorites by Tony Riehl, @riehlt)
- Here is a link to Tony’s distraction policy:
- Improve and fine tune my Standards Based Grading
- This is always a work in progress, but one tangible goal is to find a place (software) to record my students progress using SBG.
The above goals are the ones on my mind at the moment. I am sure that there will be more as the school year begins.